Technologies: Jira or relevant tools
We know that people are our „greatest asset“. Our staff’s professionalism, innovation, teamwork and dedication to excellence have helped us become one of the world’s leading technology companies. It is these qualities that are vital to our continued success. As a Ness employee you will be working on products and platforms for some of the most innovative software companies in the world. The opportunity to evolve your expertise by using new cutting edge technologies will expand your horizons and create an exciting work environment. You’ll also gain enormous knowledge working alongside other highly skilled professionals that will help accelerate your career progression. At Ness we treat our values of rigor, innovation and partnership with the highest priority and they are placed at the very core of our business — to guide us through our daily operations and interactions with our customers. We offer our employees exciting and challenging projects across a diverse range of industries, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with a group of forward thinking, capable partners around the globe.
Tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry. Their motto is to move “Fearlessly Forward” together. Cooperative innovation is at the center of everything they do – from games, new products and technologies, to how they collaborate and share inspiration with one another.
Ness is seeking for a qualified Product Owner with specialized expertise in the gaming industry (online betting games, Poker, Casino, Sports), to support our client portfolio inside our Media & Entertainment Vertical.
The successful candidate will be critical to our client’s success, performing a lead role for complex programs of work affecting multiple business areas. Working together with our customer’s key stakeholders, you will be responsible for creating and managing the product backlog.
Responsibilities and requirements
Role and responsibilities:
The right incumbent will have industry domain expertise in Gaming Technology, both from a product and technical standpoint, in addition to excellent organization skills, paired with the ability to manage multiple projects at once. Excellent presentation skills in English are a must.
- Prioritize and refine the iteration backlog using Jira or relevant tools, balancing client requirements and available resources;
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria;
- Set sprint goals and objectives together with the agile team;
- Accept user stories at the end of each iteration;
- Participate in agile ceremonies;
- Ensure features demos are presented to stakeholders early and often;
- Prepare and participate in Program Increment Planning;
- Work closely with the product managers and product owners to decompose program backlogs into iteration backlogs by just-in-time story elaboration;
- Work with an agile team of engineers to plan and clarify user stories and ensure the team iteratively deliver value to the customer;
- Create or add inputs into projects release plan;
- Work with cross-functional teams, including design, architecture, security engineering and user enablement;
- Turn data insights into product features with actionable outcomes to the customer;
- Translate product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories and acceptance test criteria;
- Product performance ownership by setting success metrics and monitoring them.
- A customer-first mindset;
- A high degree of proficiency in iterative development, understanding of Agile principles – Scaled Agile framework is a plus;
- Hands on experience managing all stages of the product lifecycle;
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- A balance of technical knowledge and business acumen;
- A proactive self-starter attitude, with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire internal teams and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- A high degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- An established background in launching software services in partnership with engineering teams;
- Willingness to travel to meet clients on a need-to basis.
Employees perks and benefits
- A flexible work environment with an opportunity to work remotely
- Modern and spacious office with a city view, fresh fruits, and other perks
- A successful and growing, multi-cultural company with a globally distributed team
- Full health insurance that covers sports, massage, physiotherapist, vaccination, etc.
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications e.g., AWS, English/Latvian language courses, and much more
- Motivating referral policy and if you are lucky, you can get a Grand Prize
- Supplementary vacation days based on seniority level
- Mobile phone expenses coverage
- Car and Bicycle parking place
- And other benefits